Return To Gallery Menu
 
Ohio and North Western Crew At Batavia Junction
Posted to History of the Peavine Railroad Facebook Group By Chad Fannin, March 31 , 2020. Description from post.

Photo of Ohio & North Western Railroads narrow gauge locomotive No.6 taken in 1887 at Batavia Junction yard, now called Clare. Standing left to right is Sam Sawyer fireman, Dick Bateman brakeman and 2 unknowns. The crew is switching between Newtown and Idlewild. The building in the background is the old Stites & Company’s iron bucket factory located where the old railroad YMCA stood at in Clare. The locomotive was a 3’ gauge 2-6-0 built by Brooks Locomotive Company of Dunkirk NY. Order #679, it was finished November 12, 1881 and originally named the “Pat Naughton” who was the first person to be master mechanic for the Cincinnati & Eastern. Given the number 6 by the time the O&NW took over operations it served until 1887 when the gauge was made standard. It then went to the former New Richmond branch of the C&E that had been sold separately and renamed the Cincinnati New Richmond & Ohio River Railroad.
 
Location: Clare Yard Date: 1/1/1887
Source: Chad Fannin Personal Collection
Photo ID: 2135
Photo Link: Click Here To See Original
Categories: People |  Steam |  Clare Yard | 
Quick Link Menu | Home

Western Ohio Story
    Concept
    History
    System Map

Peavine Division Layout
    About the Peavine Layout
    Track Plan
    Guiding Principles
    Engine Roster
    Industries
Other Layouts
    Marien Switching District
    Offal, IN Branch

Influences and Inspirations
    Favorite Layouts

How Do
    Paperwork
The Real Peavine
    About the Peavine
    Prototype Industries
    1987 Inspection Trip
    1965 Timetable

Photo Galleries
    Prototype Gallery
    Peavine Gallery
       Walk The Line
    Model Gallery
About
    Owner: David Lamb
    Contact the WO
    About The Site
    About The Home Page
 
Copyright 2013 - 2022